Coordinate the Church’s Program and Guiding Ministries Teams and provide oversight for church-wide programming and administration.
- Consider new ideas, initiatives and focuses that support overall church programming
- Approve budget revisions and elect mid-year leaders between Charge Conferences
- Monitor progress on the church long range plan
- Keep informed of teams’ goals and progress toward those goals
- Encourage opportunities for shared programming
- Establish church calendar/room-use priorities
Ensure that Bethany has the financial resources necessary to achieve its ministry goals
- Prepare annual budget recommendation
- Conduct annual stewardship campaign
- Team Member Recruitment
- Leadership Development
- Ministry Team Training
- Volunteer Recruitment Systems
Memorials & Bequests
Promote planned giving, communicate with families about memorial gifts, make recommendations on endowment earnings and scholarship distributions. To learn more about Bethany’s endowment funds, Click Here.
Serve as the “human relations” arm of the church, providing for the staffing needs of the Bethany church family.
Develop a proactive maintenance and facility improvement plan and budget to provide an inviting, safe, and functional facility that supports the needs of a growing church family.
I.T. Work Group – Monitor the technical needs for equipment and services in the office and church building, develop a schedule of updates and replacements.
Gardening – Provide welcoming exterior appearance.
Develop groups and ministries in which people can explore, share, and care in the Christian journey
- Small groups development & support (including men, UMW, etc.)
- New ministries for young adults
- Coffee fellowship
- Special congregational events and celebrations
Develop and monitor systems and programs of caring for members and friends, including Prayer Chain.
Children & Youth Enrichment
Encourage the spiritual awareness, knowledge and growth of children and youth.
- Education ministry
- Family fellowship ministry
- Support for scouting ministries
Attract, welcome, and connect people to the church family.
- Membership class / Visitor welcoming ministry
- New member engagement ministry
- Coordination of programs that welcome and support our guests (e.g. greeters, information desk, etc.)
Web Team – Review and enhance the Bethany website; seek contributions of announcements, photos, etc.; keep the website up to date.
Create a sense of ownership, excitement, and urgency for outreach through missions and social witness.
- Missions ministry
- Church & Society ministry
Peace Fellowship – Explore peace issues and focus on positive action for the advancement of peace in our lives, our community, our country and our world.
Reconciling Ministries – Work to end religious and political oppression of all people including the LGBT community, so that our church and world will be a full expression of Christ’s inclusive love.
Race Relations – Consider and recommend Bethany’s role in building bridges and promoting understanding in response to issues of racial inequities in the community, including education, employment, incarceration, gun violence, and more
Envision, prepare, and bring to life meaningful and exciting worship experiences.
- Coordinate worship volunteers, including ushers, liturgists, acolytes, AV techs, communion preparers
- Support worship arts, including music and drama
- Set sacred space through visual arts
- Prepare for special seasons (e.g., Christmas & Easter)
Archives – Preserve and celebrate Bethany’s history.